Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Random Start: 6 x 6 by Puller

The track Random Start actually selected was No Use Running, off the same album as this track.  I couldn't find any media of it so I went with this instead.  Puller was one of the more progressive T&N bands in the 90s, and frankly it took me awhile to get into them.  At the time I was listening to hardcore and punk rock and the rhythms and tone here were tough to adjust to.  I remember driving around and really paying attention trying to get the rhythms since they weren't straightforward.  


This was a good band and I only got to see them once on a tour with Stavesacre.  I never got to know Mike Lewis (we may have talked some back when I was booking concerts) but he's lived in Nashville for years now.  I think he's now running a merchandise company with Bruce Fitzhugh.


Lots of music folks I know or am acquainted with have moved to Nashville...maybe that's worth a post sometime.  I keep finding out people have moved here that I wouldn't have expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment