Friday, January 20, 2012

Wake Up, Push Play: I Knew You Before by Dustin Kensrue

I love it when what I've been calling Random Start pulls up a winner.  Dustin Kensrue is the singer and lyricist for Thrice.  I downloaded this record a LONG time ago but didn't listen to it much until this past year.  It's an acoustic record and a stylistic departure from Thrice, but now that I have dug into it I LOVE it.  Dustin's lyrics bring a spriritual and uplifting aspect to Thrice's music, and this record (to me) is one of the earlier public professions of faith that are unveiled.  This song is possibly about someone he knew - but someone who got caught up into image and success and things, and he's reminding her that he knew her before all that and she was beautiful then too.  The title of this record is Please Come Home, which is also a song telling the story of the Prodigal Son.  Killer, killer song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment