Monday, January 16, 2012

Random Start: Film Noir by The Gaslight Anthem

The Gaslight Anthem is one of my favorite bands that I've found the in the last few years.  This is just a good American rock 'n roll band.  Their first record was solid and their followup was a big improvement.  Now they're working on a 3rd and I'm guessing they'll be even better.  Their sound is a straightforward rock, but with a bit of a punk edge.  I'm hoping they'll swing by Nashville sometime on a tour as I'd love to see them live.  I've read comparisons of them to Springsteen (who I don't like at all).  Maybe it's because they're making rock music that sounds American and they're from Jersey.  I think what I appreciate most in their music is the writing - these are good songs and they keep them fairly short for a modern rock band.  They get in, do damage, and get out and do it again on the next song.  This track is from their first record, The '59 Sound.  If you haven't heard them check out the followup American Slang first...love this record!

No comments:

Post a Comment