Saturday, July 25, 2015

Random Start: Straight For The Sun by Lamb of God

The most legit of metal bands. In more legalistic times I had a problem with them, but I'm over it. These are some older dudes from Richmond VA (also home to GWAR) who've been doing this for a LONG time. D. Randall Blythe (vocals) is a super interesting dude and a great follow on Instagram. He's an accomplished photographer and a very thoughtful writer. I looked around for info on what the song is about but couldn't really find anything. It's kind of a two-parter with the next song on the record, but they're individual tracks so I'm just posting up this one.

Lamb of God on Spotify

Lyrics:
Gone
Gone
Shoot me straight for the sun
I wanna be the only one left
Misdiagnosed condition
Burnt beyond recognition
Sink her straight through the floor
She's not breathing anymore
Choke in this atmosphere
Nothing will be left here
Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment