Saturday, June 9, 2012

Morning Shuffle: Stay (Faraway, So Close!) by U2

This song seems to be about a domestic abuse story, but I can't tell the point of view it's written from.  I saw U2 for the first time about a year ago, and that was the first time they'd played in Nashville since the early 80s.  They're a great band and they put on a great show (gosh that's a bland way to put it).  I know a lot of people who are head over heels for U2 and I'm just not one of those people, but they're a great band.


In other notes, I watched Radiohead's set from Bonnaroo online last night.  It's the first time I've seen them play live.  Very good set but I was bummed they didn't cover a SINGLE song from THE BENDS, and only played 2 from OK Computer.  C'mon boys - don't be scared of a verse and a hook.  Now that you've deconstructed the rock song and stripped it apart, it's time to put it back together.  And they've done that a bit lately - The Daily Mail is a fantastic song that hearkens back to their Bends/OK Computer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment