Sunday, July 19, 2015

Random End - Solder & Child by Anything Box

I really liked the Random Starts I posted a few years ago. I'm still an audiophile and still searching each week to find new jams. I probably quit posting right around the time the Zune service was killed off and replaced with the atrocity that is XBox Music. The Zune devices didn't go over in the marketplace, but the software was a stroke of genius. SO SO SO much simpler than iTunes and very easy to manage. I'm a Spotify boy now, and I've cultivated my presence there enough that I can use my "Saved Songs" to create these posts. I'll try to post about the first jam that comes up when I start playing on shuffle. It'll be a mess and probably embarrassing sometimes, but that's part of the fun of it. 

Today's entry is Soldier & Child by Anything Box. There aren't ANY videos on YouTube for it so I only have Spotify links. I ONLY know this band because I used to hang out with Joey Belville of The Echoing Green in Albuquerque in my high school days (back when they were called Ocean Chorus) and he introduced me to them. This song is a deep cut, but their record Hope is a pop/dance masterpiece of catchiness. Listening to them again reminded me of a more current band that is probably also influenced by them, Bad Veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment