Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Random Start: Saturdays by Chevelle

I used to really like Chevelle and their wall of guitars sound, but I've kind of soured on them.  They really walk the line between butt-rock (being Nickelback-ish) and good rock.  The singer sounds a lot like Maynard James Keenan from Tool in my opinion.  I think part of the reason I've soured on them is the sound has gotten boring, but also from having been aware of them since their early days as a band I know these guys have been jerks to seemingly everyone I know they've come across.  Particularly at concert venues.  Whatever chip they have on their shoulder they've also gotta respect and appreciate the people who are working with them to make shows happen...so yeah, I'm not too down w/Chevelle anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment