Monday, December 5, 2011

Random Start: I Used to Hate Cell Phones But Now I Hate Car Accidents by Norma Jean

Norma Jean is currently one of my favorite bands.  They're originally from Atlanta and were called Luti-Kriss.  Turns out there's a rapper from the ATL with a similar name.  They switched the name to Norma Jean and this song as from their debut under that name.  They've undergone a pretty serious transformation.  This is from the screamo/chaos era.  I love heavy music but records like this don't quite do it for me.  Some members of this era of Norma Jean left the band and formed another one called The Chariot, which is even more chaotic.  NJ has evolved to become a quality hard music band and they're writing good songs now.  Their last record, Meridional, is intense, but with structure and some melodies and hooks.  Definitely worth checking out if you like hard music.  Even as am writing this listening to this song I have a song from Meridional running through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment