Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Random Start: Chemical Straightjacket by Living Sacrifice @livingsac



This is a band I love - on the all time favorites list.  I first discovered them in the early 90s and have kept up with them through the years.  They started with a straightforward thrash record, then went very heavy/sludgy with undecipherable vocals.  This song is from that era.  The band broke up for awhile then came back in 1997 with Reborn, a metal/hardcore hybrid that set the tone for their sound going forward.  All of their records after Reborn are pure metal gold.  They're not a full time band anymore, but are still doing some shows and putting out records.  I LOVE watching them play live.  Their songs have difficult rhythms and I love seeing them pull it off live - and the drummer (Lance Garvin) is a BEAST behind the kit.  


I had the pleasure of booking concerts for Living Sacrifice back in my Davdon days.  Bruce Fitzhugh (vocal/guitar) has moved to Nashville and I see him around from time to time.  These are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet playing some of the heaviest music you'll ever hear. If you like metal and don't know Living Sacrifice check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment