Saturday, March 3, 2012

Random Start: Said The King To The River by La Dispute

Nice transition from Thrice on Friday to La Dispute on Saturday.  I had never heard of this band until they opened for Thrice on their Fall 2011 tour.  I downloaded their records to "study" and my very first impression was "What's up with this guy's voice?"  But once I got past it or decided to like it I noticed the quality playing and energy in the songs.  I wrote about them in my top bands of 2011...it's like hardcore with a different kind of heaviness.  This is one of their best songs and as you can see in the video - their fans know it word for word, which is saying a lot because these are some wordy songs.  And my last thought on them is this - La Dispute has girl trouble.


Oh yeah - their spring tour is coming to Nashville on April 17th with Balance & Composure, All Get Out, and Sainthood Reps, and all FOUR bands have been in heavy rotation for me for awhile, so I'm excited to see this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment